Answer by Nikhil Garg:
- Rating in programming competitions is a perfect estimator of success in software engineering.
- Rating in programming competitions is a perfect estimator of the intelligence.
- Highly rated programmers are smarter than not only lowly rated programmers but also those who never participated in any competition.
- Constant optimizations which don't change the asymptotic complexity mostly do not matter.
- Algorithmics is the most interesting/challenging branch of computer science.
- Top rated programmers are filthy rich.