What is Google Ad Grants?
Google Ad Grants is the non-profit version of AdWords, Google’s online advertising tool. Google Ad Grants encourages nonprofit businesses, by means of $10,000/month in in-kind AdWords marketing and advertising, to showcase their missions and endeavors on Google.com
To Apply, go to Google Ad Grants
From Google Ad Grants
To be eligible for the Google Ad Grants program, organizations must:
- Hold current and valid charity status, as determined by your country; please see your country’s charity status definition below.
- Acknowledge and agree to the application’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a functioning website with substantial content
Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for Google Ad Grants:
- Governmental entities and organizations
- Hospitals and medical groups
- Schools, childcare centres, academic institutions and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible). To learn more about Google’s programs for educational institutions, visit Google for Education.
Definition for charity status in the US
US organizations must have current 501(c)(3) status, as assigned by the Internal Revenue Service, to be considered for the Google for Nonprofits program.
Note that it can take some time from when your organization receives your IRS notification of this status until your EIN appears and is updated in the online database. To be considered for the Google for Nonprofits program, your tax status must first be updated in the online database; copies of IRS letters are not sufficient for this requirement.
To maintain eligibility in the Google Ad Grants program:
- Your ads must ONLY link to the ONE nonprofit website URL that was approved in the application.
- You are required to actively manage the AdWords account by logging in monthly. Should you not log in to your account for 30 days, your account will be subject to pausing without notification.
- Your ads must reflect the mission of the approved nonprofit organization and your keywords must be relevant to the nonprofit’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed through this program. If you intend to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and/or proceeds must support your program.
- Your Google ads cannot link to pages that are primarily links to other websites.
- Ads offering financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or those requesting car, boat or property donations and related keywords are not allowed.
- Your website cannot display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants.
Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google’s sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.
Google Ad Grants Program Details
Google Ad Grantees receive free AdWords advertising on Google.com. Ad Grantees build and manage their own AdWords accounts similar to paying advertisers, but participate with the following restrictions:
- A daily budget set to $329 USD, which is equivalent to about $10,000 per month
- A maximum cost-per-click (CPC) limit of $2.00 USD
- Only run keyword-targeted campaigns
- Only appear on Google.com
- Only run text ads
Sample Keyword Phrases and Patterns
Shop and Fight Cancer
Our Pink Ribbon Collection has
Unique Gifts for a Great Cause.
Shop for cancer
Shop for breast cancer
Buy Gifts Online
Apparel, Books, Music & More
Save Time and Money Now!
Online clothing store
Online shoe store